Monday, February 25, 2008

Goodbye Garbage

I shocked myself and my friends with a single action last night: I deleted my Myspace.

*Gasp*

And it was worth it. I had just finished talking with my mom, actually. No, we weren't just talking about the internet, but it was brought up. And suddenly I realized how silly the whole Myspace thing really is... or seems to be to me, at least.

And then I thought about the fact that the MAJORITY of conversations in almost every one of my relationships has always been through myspace or instant messenger or text messaging or some other online device. And then I realized that I have always hated that. And then I realized that that is just a little bit pathetic- I think so, at least.

I see the internet as an "easy out" now. It's so much easier to say ANYTHING in front of the computer screen, free from commitment or uncomfortable moments... but that is not the way to get to know a person. Not completely.

I will probably add to this later.

No comments: