Monday, October 8, 2007

Mondays...

Ah, school. I love it; I hate it. Mostly I hate it... like today. The same ol' thing gets so old, and I think my senioritis is getting a little worse each time we roll into a new week.

And then at the same time, I'm scared, and hesitant. Once I receive that diploma... it's the end of this. Never again will I share a classroom with any of these people. I won't walk down the halls and see and joke with all of the friends I've developed over the past 12 years. I will miss it, as much as I complain about living here. I will miss my friends.

I know. The internet makes it a lot easier. Myspace. Facebook. Email. But how long will that last? It's just not the same as seeing them everyday. It's not the same as groaning together about the test no one studied for, or talking about the horde of mosquitoes that attacked everyone at the long, dragging, 2-hour band practice the night before.

So I want to cherish this year as much as I can tolerate it, because it will matter a few years from now. I'll be on my way in a different direction, and it will be a good thing. But I will still have the memories, and that's very important to me.

No comments: