Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas is near!

Have you ever felt like you had a lot of things to get accomplished but just couldn't get started on anything? That's my feeling today. I need to finish my college applications essays mostly. But the weird thing about me is... I want them to be REALLY good; so it's like I'm intimidated by the fact that I want them to be so good, thus I'm scared to even get started. Very strange, yes...

Anyway, the weather is very cold, and... wet today. But I love it. A lot of people seem to long for summer at this time of year, but I actually enjoy it while it's here. It may be cold, but there's a sort of cozy and romantic appeal to the winter. It makes me want to be hopelessly in love all over again. If it wasn't cold, we wouldn't have the urge to cuddle up by the fire under a blanket or with someone we love, or drink hot cocoa, or sit by the window reading a book (or checking our myspace :P) with the rain or snow as a backdrop. Life is cold sometimes, but it just gives us a chance to find our own warmth in what we have.

1 comment:

ahawkai said...

....lol and i thought i was the only one who loved winter... for those reasons.... *spooky* lol