Monday, December 10, 2007

Why I freakin' love it

Bored in study hall the other day, I was looking at random websites and decided to look at Breaking Benjamin's. I realized that I love them and their music even more than I thought, lol. Here's pieces from the article:


"Ben is his biggest critic," bassist MARK JAMES acknowledges. "He'll write stuff that is undeniable. And everyone else knows it's undeniable.
But he'll think it's not good enough and he'll go back to the drawing board. For BURNLEY, who typically writes at least 10 songs to yield one... "I'll basically write a number of similar songs and cherry-pick the best pieces from all of them and make one."

"I want the listener to analyze my songs," he says. "I don't want to do it myself. If someone thinks the song is about something and I come along and say, 'No. The song is about this.' I could ruin it for them."

I just love that- I'm not even close to being that brilliant, but I could see pieces of me in this, ya know? I was in the car for at least 2 hours yesterday. I listened to their entire collection and realized there wasn't a single song I didn't like. I can't fully explain how awesome they are to me.

And I love how you can listen to a song and find your own personal meaning in it, even if it's just from a couple of words, or even if it's just the music. Even if you just sit there, let it play, and think about everything and nothing at the same time, or if it means blaring it from your car speakers and singing out the lyrics at the top of your lungs (and nooo, I haven't done that... :P). If your world feels like it could be crashing down around you, or even if you just need a reason to feel, there's always the music. Picking up pen and paper or a guitar in a moment of inspiration, or even in a moment of none at all, is it's own kind of therapy; it's treatment for the soul. Oh, and they're going on tour with THREE DAYS GRACE and SEETHER next year! YAAAAY! :D

http://shallowbay.com/bio

No comments: