Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hello future!

Yesterday I mixed up my look a little, once again, but going from a caramel blonde to a DARK brown. I died my hair the exact same color and at the exact time that I did last summer... but although it's the same look, this is an entirely new beginning.

Tomorrow morning I will be headed to Fort Worth for TCU orientation. Realization will probably soon be hitting me... maybe. Maybe it's already here; I don't know for sure. But it's almost here. I'm almost in college. I'm done with high school. The next time I walk into a classroom, it will be filled with entirely new people and entirely new teacher. Compare that with being used to knowing each and every face I go to school with and living in a town that I've occupied my whole life. A SMALL town. Fort Worth is huge.

Wow.

And although something like this would have terrified me a few years ago... I couldn't be more excited right now. Am I prepared? I don't know. But I think I'm ready, and that's as ready as I'll ever be.

And I have a job now, and although that wouldn't seem like a big deal for some people at my age, I myself have never felt so responsible and productive before. It's tiring... but therefore simply invigorating. I'm so excited about how things are going as times turns ever on in my life.

1 comment: