Monday, May 5, 2008

Another midnight

I think thunderstorms are one of the best things God could create. There's something about nights like these that make me want to smile and cry at the exact same time; it's a kind of feeling I haven't yet found the correct words to explain. The momentary flash of light followed by a low- sometimes very loud- rumble does something to me. I feel partly uneasy knowing the dangers of the storm outside, while at the same time the protection of these big, sturdy walls reassures me... but also at the same time I want nothing more than to run madly into the downpour and face the rain and the lightening and the thunder. It's the kind of sensation that I find to often correlate with very recent feelings.

Summer is almost here. Again. Already.

...what the heck!?

Didn't I just get done with last summer? Didn't I just start my senior year of high school? I blink and I'm already at the end... almost. Hurry up or wait? How to take all of this in? It's crazy, exciting, happy.... scary... sad. There are some things I miss very much from my past, some feelings that will never be back in the same way. But I'm also so happy about the promise of the future and everything it will contain.

2 comments:

ahawkai said...

know right? i love thunderstorms so much!!! i remember this one time where there was this smooth cloud cover as far as the eye could see... and it was black as pitch. we were going down the highway and everynow and then there was lightening in the distance. and the light would just pulsate everywhere in the space between the clouds and the ground! it was awesome.

Lauren said...

aaahh, I know exactly what you mean!! :D That kind of weather is so freakin' exciting, and inspiring too..