Saturday, May 24, 2008

Loneliness

This will probably be short because I'm ready to curl up in bed with my new Self magazine and Breaking Benjamin serenading me in the background (call me a dork if you want). But I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. I started reading this book by Dr. Laura Schlessinger (from the talk show) titled "Ten Stupid Things Women Do To Mess Up Their Lives."

Very interesting. And very true. I found a quote within the first few pages that I will not forget:

"It ever has been since time began,
And ever will be, till time lose breath,
That love is a mood--no more--to man,
And love to a woman is life or death."
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox

More on this later..

1 comment:

johnseeking said...

A few points of interest:

1. I will be lurking your blog, because everything you touch turns to awesome.

2. Dr. Laura = win.

3. This time of year I always get a little depressed. We go, and go, and work, and struggle, and build up to... what, exactly? Then it's over for a few months. The added bittersweetness comes from bidding another great group of kids (if you don't mind me calling you people that :p ) goodbye, as they graduate and leave me behind with my memories... which is as it should be, after all. From a selfish standpoint, though, it sure sucks.

Feel free to lurk me back at http://mybloghasworms.wordpress.com .

-- JCK