Sunday, May 11, 2008

Puzzle Pieces

You always seemed too good for reality
and now that's been confirmed
Like missing puzzle pieces
we tried to fill the blanks all wrong.

A piece for young stupidity
another for lack of time
and a dash of a hundred hidden colors
that were somehow left behind

Now we've formed a monster
to rear its ugly head
and I am tired of fighting, for now
my perfect picture's dead.

But I know that I am much to blame
I saw only what I sought
parts of you were good, I loved
but now, others are really... not.

And some were never even there,
just an image from my mind
to seal the blank you couldn't fill
in a puzzle that made me blind.

So give me back my pieces
especially my heart
for a time when someone taking them
can finish what they start

You always seemed too good for reality
the truth of this goes far
Missing puzzle pieces...
dear, that's all you really are.